Greenlight Planet is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 30 million people in more than 60 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Account Associate
Job Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Associate Finance Manager, Nigeria
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia.
- If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
- The Account Associate will be responsible for Receiving, Processing & Verifying Supplier Invoices, Confirming Customer Receipts, Reconciling and Adjusting Supplier Ledgers, Bank Reconciliations and timely Recording of Transactions.
- Receive and process all Purchase Orders, Invoices, Expense Forms, and request for payments.
- Reconciliation of processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations of Bank Accounts.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Maintaining filing systems of all accounting and finance documents and vouchers in a manner which ensures ease in retrieval and reference.
- Verifies Vendor Accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Conducts reimbursements for staff expenses; verifying documentation.
- Assist in the processing & filing of VAT Returns as well as Reconciliation of the same.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish Accounting and Organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Scheduling and preparing payments on the Payment Tracker.
- Maintain fixed assets register
- Maintain prepayment schedule
- Reconciliation and Adjustment of Accounting Ledgers by Verifying and Posting Account Transactions and subsequent matching of the same.
- Any other duties as assigned.
The ideal Accounts Associate:
- Team player and must be teachable
- Must have strong Analytical and Communication skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure with strict deadlines and with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Data Entry and Management.
- Not more than 2 years experience, preferably a greenhorn.
- Must be honest and of high integrity.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field. ACA/ACCA Qualification will be an added advantage.
- Must be Computer literate; proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Share with your love ones