Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited is a project support company registered in Nigeria and dedicated to reducing clients’ risks by providing Manpower Supply and Development, Equipment/Material Supply Services, Marine Vessel Supply and Offshore Operations, Heavy Duty Equipment Supply & Maintenance and Technical Consultancy Services. Petrok Oil and Gas Service Limited provides services to clients in the Oil & Gas industry, Energy, Engineering and other industries.
At POGS, we ensure that our clients focus on their comparative advantage, save money and time by outsourcing needs to a highly efficient and skilled team. We understand the essence of redefining standards in the industry hence; we have entered into strategic alliances with renowned names in the industry to continuously boost the level of support we provide to our client and their operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Report to: Manager C&P
- Contribute to the issue of the Procurement Planning and help to prioritize the purchasing workload
- Contacts: Foreign and Local Manufacturers/Suppliers, other subsidiaries, User Departments.
- Tools: Several C&P Business Tools including UNISUP, CONTIKI, ARIBA, NIPEX.
- Material Purchases of $70MUSD, 2,600 POs per annum,
- Supplier approx 13,000 registered suppliers; approx 1000 new suppliers’ applications per year.
- Importation 10,100 Tons Sea Freight and 850 Tons of Air Freight, via 2000 importation files.
- The Service holder adheres to the H3SE rules
- Be in constant alignment with H3SE Company rules, Procedures, Instructions and applicable legislation
- Take the necessary measures to avert immediate threat of danger. Exercising caution as necessary to avoid danger to persons and installations or avoid pollution
- Participate actively in H3SE meetings, training sessions and drills and co-operate actively in the execution of H3SE plans
The Service holder ensure the Compliance:
- Ensure compliance of the purchasing process with all internal Company rules (including OPS/CA guide to conduct) and all applicable laws and regulation (JV, PSC and PSA rules, Country laws…)
- Ensure the application of Company and/or affiliate General Terms and Conditions for purchase of equipments
- Ensure the good administration and filing of all the purchasing documents and ensure that all approvals, justifications, circulation forms etc… are filed in line with the applicable procedures.
- Ensure that all purchasing activities meet audit requirements in order to minimize any potential partner/audit claims or court actions.
The Service holder liaises with Metier Partners and contributes to the processes and communication of the purchasing entity described below:
- Contribute to reporting Key Performance Indicators for the purchasing activities of his/her team
- Use and enrich Market Intelligence information,
- Participate to the good use of e-sourcing tools
- Identify or participate to Best Practices, propose REX+ to the Head of Purchasing
- Utilize frame agreements FALTC signed by headquarters
- Prepare Contract Committee documents and participate with Metier Partners for the presentation of RTAs
- Inform requesters during the preparation phase, purchase and commitment follow-up as per the E&P supply chain fundamentals
- Work in Duet with one or several Metier Partners and ensure efficiency of Duets/Triplets
- Follow-up, analyze and know the markets, participate to the follow-up, and evaluation of suppliers with Metier Partners
The Service holder ensures the proper execution of purchasing operations (under the responsibility of his/her head of purchasing) by performing the following activities:
- Organize and lead negotiations with suppliers associated with award and performance of POs
- Issue RTAs in Duet with Metier Partners
- Where applicable to clearly state in purchase orders QA/QC requirements (in the form of Mill/Test Certificates, MSDS, other certificates).
- Ensure the follow-up of purchase orders until complete reception and payment
- Ensure rapid and correct validation of PO’s
- Ensure reception of acknowledgement of receipt for PO’s from suppliers
- Ensure Suppliers’ deliveries on time
- Follow-up of goods receipt until affiliate’s central warehouse.
- Negotiate and solve all changes leading to amendment from Metier Partners or suppliers/contractors
- Clarify discrepancies between material received and orders, if any with suppliers
- Input all purchase data in SAP
- Handles Purchases in the Lab Office designated to him through PR assignment
- Analyses all Purchase Requisitions for adequate material specification, budget authorisations and cost centres to which the purchases are being charged
- Reviews all PRs assigned, Group requisitions to reduce process costs, compile tender packages and organize call for tender / request for quotation, ensure the use of e- sourcing tools
- Answer to tenderers requests for clarification
- Study, compare and evaluate offers in order to have the most economical and contractual advantageous conditions
- To optimize by all means possible by bringing his professional experience to bear, Purchases with emphasis on making Savings for the Company
- Pay attention to General Conditions and terms of purchase to ensure the Company is not exposed to legal liabilities.
- UNISUP R3/BW – Purchasing Key User
Context and Environment
- Lack of planning from User department leading to urgent treatment.
- Complex market and heavy local content pressure in Oil & Gas Industry (Local Content, Community Content, Carbotage law and large number of vendors requiring development in matters of HSE and Quality Assesment.
- Purchasing is vital to ensure continuity of affiliate’s operational and production activities. The Service involves regular contact with local and international suppliers. The buyer is expected to pay special attention to local agency regulations when placing orders.
- Ensure 100% compliance to COMPANY rules, SOX and local rules
- To successfully prepare, negotiate and administer a broad range of complex, technical and high value/risk purchases
- The position is essential in the organization in terms of meeting User requirements and deadlines.
- Always ensure that Purchases are made with the best possible compromise between, lead time, value and quality required Qualifications / experience
- Minimum 7 years experience in Oil and Gas Industry with very good knowledge of Purchasing and Supply Chain
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills.
- A degree in Engineering, Management or Social Sciences (Preferably Purchasing & Supply).
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: email@example.com using ‘’Shared Service Buyer’’ as the subject mail.
Note: Applicants are advised to adhere to instruction as erring applicants will be disqualified.
Share with your love ones