Churchgate Group – Over the past 50 years, Churchgate has played a major role in trading, manufacturing, banking and real estate in Nigeria. Today, the vision of our Company is to become the most prominent, reliable property developer in Nigeria’s currently fragmented market. We aim to be at the forefront of projects that will transform Nigeria’s cities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Electrical Site Engineer
- The Site Electrical Engineer will be responsible for directing and overseeing electrical engineering projects at the World Trade Center construction site in accordance to stipulated standards.
- Resolve issues and ensure that work is completed according to specifications.
- Ensure that plans and work are completed according to local and national electrical codes.
- Conduct testing and maintenance on electrical systems, including final inspections prior to job completion.
- Carry out project management and engineering tasks ranging from designing electrical plans to monitoring contractors
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the day to day work of the Electricians and electrical contractors; supervise electrical installations.
- Ensure proper implementation of Electrical design by Electrical team and subcontractors; Lighting layout, earth protection, power distribution, cable laying etc.
- Supervise and monitor electrical facilities maintenance program on site
- Ensuring technical accuracy and quality of discipline deliverable such as cable sizing and equipment sizing.
- Ensure proper cabling and termination of all connections to devices and power panels (Pre-commissioning)
- Building the electrical power supply systems of the project site & upgrading those of the old site installations.
- Prepare Safety Work permits according to HSE standards required before commencing work.
- Giving technical direction on troubleshooting of tower hoist and tower crane panels.
- Carry out system tests at various stages of installation and pre-commission tests, Meggar tests, High Pot Test, continuity tests, Insulation Resistance tests, Earth Resistance tests, line thumping for faults detection for LV, MV and HV Installations.
- Grounding/Earthing installations and testing.
- Management of all temporary power source/supply to construction site.
- Supervise the installation of all electrical components (Transformers, Cables, Panels, Diesel Generators & Lighting Systems)
- Liaise with civil engineering team to ensure all MEP Sleeves, conduits etc. are in place as at when due.
- B.Tech Electrical Engineering and Technology – knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Experience 5 to 10 years on high-rise building Construction
- Essential Knowledge of AUTOCAD
- Equipment Maintenance – performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Troubleshooting – determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Attention to Detail – being careful about details and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Accountability – strong willingness to get hands dirty
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment.
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving – identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Monitoring – monitoring performance of you and other technicians to make improvements or take corrective action.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Share with your love ones