SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Sales Manager
Job ID: 672
Job Type: Permanent
Employment Type: Full-Time
Functional Area: Sales
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the purpose of this position is to deploy strategies and resources to ensure the achievement of company sales volume and value targets as well as the widest and deepest distribution of JWN products in Nigeria.
- The successful candidate is also to provide Strategic and Operational Direction to the Sales and Marketing team of JWN to achieve other set company objectives and to deploy and manage initiatives that ensures good customer services and maintenance of good relationship between JWN and trade contacts, customers, the public and other relevant organizations.
- Fully optimize sell out capabilities of distributor sales infrastructure to achieve high coverage and penetration across defined sales geography.
- Drive sales coverage of traditional trade by optimizing efficiency measure of route/territory planning, development and execution.
- Ensure seamless and flawless execution of customer marketing programmes for the traditional channel
- Contribute significantly to the demand planning process to achieve set objectives
- Deliver region/area volume and value sales targets via aggressive development of distributor network & capabilities across the country.
- Prospect and recommend aligned customers for appointment as distributors, when necessary.
- Collate, analyze and report competitive activities and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Manage and develop sales team for optimal productivity
- Achieve key distributor performance measures of significant improvement in numeric and weighted distribution measure across traditional trade channel.
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in a FMCG company, preferably engaged in manufacturing. Working experience with a US corporation will be an advantage.
- Experience of managing a team of Regional Sales Managers is essential and experience and ability to work across Countries/Regions and confidently work with Senior Stakeholders is crucial
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills with strong stakeholder management experience – fluency in English is a must.
- Candidate must possess a good first degree together with a post graduate qualification in the Social Sciences, Business Administration from a reputable higher institution.
- Exceptional knowledge of route to market for both Traditional and Modern trade.
- Strong business partnering and communication skills, including IT applications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application.