Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by its client, a Shipping and Logistics company to recruit suitably qualified candidate for its operations in Nigeria:
Position: Procurement Manager
State: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Logistics & Transport
Employment Type: Full time
Job Seniority: Manager
Job Category: Supply Chain
- Implement procurement standards and guidelines while controlling all procurement activities for the business.
Vendor Qualification and Management:
- Manage the vendor selection and qualification process end to end, based on approved criteria.
- Implement a vendor performance management system to monitor and review vendor performance bi-annually.
- Align all vendors to the company’s approved payment plan.
- Work through vendors to ensure timely and cost- effective delivery of products and services.
- Leverage relationships with approved vendors to secure the best service for the organization.
Requisitions and Procurement:
- Optimize procurement expenditures to achieve cost savings.
- Ensures the timely delivery of all requisitions to vessels or the office.
- Submit and reconcile with the Finance and Accounts Department.
- Coordinate internal monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain function.
- Conduct periodic market research and maintain a price list for all consumables.
- Ensure order quantities are in line with PO terms, while jointly verifying quality with the user department.
- Analyse procurement trends to make accurate forecast of procurement needs for the business.
- Ensure that the products and services supplied are of the highest quality.
- Follow procurement procedures, create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies.
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing.
Critical Inventory Management:
- Develop a pipeline of vendors for the supply of critical parts and spares to ensure their availability always.
- Maintain a minimum inventory level for all consumables and full stock for selected critical parts.
Contract Negotiation and Monitoring:
- Manage and monitor contract SLAs and KPIs of suppliers.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Supervise and ensure contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance of goods.
Finance and Budgeting:
- Work with other departments to increase growth revenue by maximising profitability, improving margins, increasing cashflow and reducing cost-of-capital.
- Participate in budget planning and review meetings.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Support occupational health and safety in the workplace.
- Ensure timely food supply to the vessels in approved quality and quantity.
- Manage Food chandelling contractual agreement.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Supply chain work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is considered an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, judgement and decision making.
- Must have organizational skills to arrange data and retrieve data in a timely manner.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Procurement processes, policy, and systems.
- Must have an eye for detail to ensure that correct information is noted and recorded.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Master’s in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Finance or Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistical Analysis.
- Ten (10) years previous experience as a Procurement Manager or related position.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualification is required for this role.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only those selected will be contacted.
Share with your love ones