Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Austin, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and Kigali, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Manager, Expansion Strategy
State: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- As Andela’s Manager of Expansion Strategy, you will play a vital role in implementing Andela’s growth strategy through public and private partnerships as well as increasing the efficacy of Andela country office operations.
- Partnerships will be established with government, multilateral and bilateral donors, NGOs, foundations, and private entities including other technology firms that are focused on skills development and youth employment across the African continent.
- Country operations will be supported through cross-functional work that address binding growth constraints through relationship management in Abuja and project management in Lagos.
- These partnerships will either extend our ability to drive growth and impact or reduce the financial upfront investment required by Andela in new markets. While this is a role that interfaces with both private and public sector stakeholders, the emphasis in the medium term is on government relations to support Andela’s expansion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You understand that it will take a creative approach to building the growth pipeline necessary to accelerate Andela’s impact. You will have a breadth of established relationships with public sector stakeholders in Abuja.
- You are experienced in writing grant proposals, in managing a portfolio of funding opportunities – from inception to closing, to overseeing and conducting all communications with high level stakeholders who are critical to establishing partnerships in both the public and private sector.
- You understand effectively scaling impact will require cross departmental, cross-cultural mindset and close collaboration with our leadership teams to drive success and resolve pain points.
- You bring more than passion to your work: you are a world-class manager with exceptional operational expertise and demonstrated strong leadership skills. You have strong curiosity, independence, flexibility, and enthusiasm.
The Expansion Strategy Manager will be responsible for:
- Working with and reporting to Director of Expansion Strategy to advance partnership opportunities and execute strategies for engaging governments, bilateral and multilateral organizations, foundations and private entities including other technology companies in relevant countries.
- Working with the Country Director in Nigeria on operational barriers, opportunities and solutions as they relate to public sector stakeholder management.
- Executing strategies for engaging with governments, bilateral and multilateral organizations, foundations and private entities including other technology companies in new and existing countries to accelerate growth in existing Andela country offices and new potential Andela country offices.
- Identifying operational bottlenecks that can be resolved through effective external stakeholder management, especially as it relates to the public sector.
- Writing compelling proposals for Andela to partner with governments, bilateral and multilateral organizations, foundations and private entities including other technology companies in new and existing Andela countries.
- Developing budgets for both potential public and private partnerships around Andela operations.
- Maintaining relationships with governments, bilateral and multilateral organizations, foundations and private entities including other technology companies in order to grow Andela’s ability to expand to and grow in selected countries.
- Identifying and creating opportunities for Andela to raise awareness of its impact and investment proposition with key governments, bilateral and multilateral organizations, foundations and private entities including other technology companies at meetings and/or conferences.
- 5+ years experience in related field or environment developing and driving public and private partnerships.
- Experience in dealing with Nigerian federal and state government relations.
- Demonstrated ability to support business operations in a high-growth organization.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully acquire funds through grant proposal writing.
- Demonstrated ability to build and scale impact driven initiatives.
- Self-driven and able to work independently yet collaboratively with a remote and distributed team.
- Ability to frequently travel internationally.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
EPIC Values Alignment:
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family Interested?
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Title: Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle 42
State: Lagos, Nigeria
Do you dream of using technology to change the world?
- Join the Andela movement to ensure that while the digital revolution may have begun in Silicon Valley, its future will be written in Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala, and cities across Africa.
- Apply today and see if you have what it takes!
The Andela Fellowship
- The Andela Fellowship is a full-time employment opportunity designed for talented and high-potential technologists to build their skills and experience on a global scale. We seek out exceptional people from a variety of backgrounds who are committed to unlocking their full potential.
- Through four years of intensive learning and real work experience, you’ll master the professional and technical skills you need to succeed as a software developer with the with the world’s top engineering teams.
- You bring a relentless desire to learn and level up. We provide access to resources, mentorship, and a community of passionate software developers to support you at every step of your journey.
The Application Process
Stage 1: Online Application:
- Fill out the application form on this page.
Stage 2: Technical Assessment:
- Once you submit your application, you’ll be directed to study the modules on our Home Study Curriculum for software development and team skills. This is required to complete a technical assessment that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned. No prior coding experience is required.
Stage 3: In-Person Interview:
- Based on your application and technical assessment, you may be invited to a panel of interviews made up of staff members and developers at an Andela office.
Stage 4: Attend a Bootcamp:
- Successful candidates are invited to participate in a two-week, simulated development sprint led by senior Andela developers. The two weeks is comprised of one week of home-based self-learning, and one week of product development on-site at an Andela campus.
- You’ll be expected to learn independently as well as on a team to deliver a final project. We’re looking for work ethic, passion, and teamwork.
Stage 5: Become an Andelan:
- The highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Fellowship Program. Over the course of four years, you’ll be immersed in intensive learning alongside some of Africa’s most brilliant minds.
- You’ll amass real work experience as part of global engineering teams.
- You’ll emerge a professional who is capable of transforming the world through leadership and technology.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Recruitment Schedule for Andela Nigeria, Cycle 42
- Technical Assessment: The Technical Assessment is a requirement for making it through our selection process. Please study and complete the Home Study Curriculum before your test.
- Technical Assessment Submission Deadline: January 30th, 2019
- Interview Dates: February 11th – February 15th, 2019
- Bootcamp: March 11th – March 22nd, 2019
- Fellowship Resumption: May 6th, 2019
- Please take this schedule into consideration before applying and comply with the naming convention in the form of First name and Last Name as requested in the application form.
Application Deadline 25th January, 2019.
Share with your love ones