Sunray Ventures – Our client, Daystar Power Group is a pan-African provider of solar power solutions, offering its systems on a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), fixed monthly fee lease or buy-out basis. All our solutions are accompanied by comprehensive maintenance services, to ensure the solutions run 365 days a year. We are currently operational in Ghana and Nigeria.
Position: Sales Engineer/Engineering Manager
State: Lagos, Nigeria
We are looking to engage a competent and experienced Sales Engineer to drives new business opportunities in Nigeria to closure.
- Drives the sales process from initial contact through contract closed
- Works with legal department to draft sales contract and negotiate terms with client
- Drives the sales process from proposal to getting a signed contract
- Prepare and submit tender documents (specifications, Bill of Quantities, drawings, etc.) and designs as per requirements.
- Leads client conversations through emails, phone calls and in person meetings
- Performs energy audits on client sites.
- Performs financial modelling and analysis
- Develops sales proposals to drive the sales process
- Develop standard operating procedures and continuous improvement
- Develop and coach technical staff to meet the objectives of Daybreak Power Solutions Limited in Nigeria;
- Introduce best-engineering practices in the company to ensure it is at the forefront of innovation and good management practices
- Review technological trends in the local and global energy sector;
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prior experience creating financial models a plus
- Work well in a team environment & have good communication skills
- French language proficiency is an advantage
- Flexible to travel domestically and Internationally
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Masters in Business Administration required (Engineering Manager)
- At least 3 years (5 years for Engineering Manager) of Engineering experience in the solar industry
- Professional Engineering Certificate a plus
- Approximately 30% of time shall be spent in an office environment. The remaining time shall be spent in the field.
- The Engineer shall be capable of lifting up to 20kg; stand for an extended period of time; work in outdoor environment.
- This position may have Solar technicians directly report to them.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues;
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development;
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast growing company.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Share with your love ones