MKOBO is a fully licensed Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Lagos, Nigeria. MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently underserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase financial inclusion of the Nigerian population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Position: Audit Manager
- Report on Anti-Money Laundering policy of CBN, NDIC, EFCC, ICPC and other relevant bodies.
- Reviewing and preparing the bank compliance ratios and compare side by side with the regulatory standard ratios to see if the bank is falling short of the standard and give recommendation based on the report.
- Reviewing of daily call over report, Bank reconciliation statement daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Prevent and detect fraud, suppression, theft or misappropriation of funds.
- To prepare profit and loss account monthly.
- Carry out Income analysis daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Reviewing bank reconciliations and other financials.
- Manage operations of audit department to ensure achievement of set objectives and goals.
- Overseeing and ensuring preparation of timely Audit reports to the Board.
- Conduct Audits in accordance with the approved audit processes.
- Ensure that process and procedures are adequate to prevent and detect fraud, suppression, theft or misappropriation of funds.
- Carry out audit investigation of each unit in accordance with the approved audit plan.
- Returns rendition to CBN.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Accounting/Finance from a reputable university.
- Post graduate degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of five years working experience in a similar role with at least 3 years within a financial institution.
- Must have very good experience of leading and managing people.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- Be a qualified member of ICAN/ACCA/CIA
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS guidelines and regulations
- Strong understanding of Institute of Internal Auditor’s standards.
- Ability to build relationships while asking tough question.
- Management, organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Skilled in productivity, planning, and workload management.
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques.
- Broad working knowledge of accounting theory and practice, financial institution laws and regulations and best practices.
- Strong understanding of internal controls and sound knowledge of business practices, risks, and business process improvements.
- Ability to multi-task and meet established deadlines.
- Effective relationship and negotiation skills and in working will all levels of management.
- Ability to recognize sensitive issues for timely communication and/or escalation.
- Ability to exercise sound discretion and judgment.
- Ability to share information appropriately with awareness of its effect on others.
- Prior success conducting external or internal audits
- Well developed analytical skills, innovative and strategic thinking
- PC word processing, spreadsheet and database preparation and evaluation skills
- Report writing dealing with detailed, complex and technical concepts
- Excellent written and oral communication ability
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Possess a high level of integrity and work ethic.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audit Manager” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 21st January, 2019.
Share with your love ones